Civil Engineering/Line loads to Area Loads

Question
Sir,
could you please explain me a procedure about how partition loads (in udl ) could be converted to area loads kN/M2 . please consider the situation where a composite deck slab supported by steel beams and partition loads lying on deck slab .

Answer
Dear Shat

No straight way to convert a linear loading to a surface loading unless you check the entire loading transfered to structural memebers and to get sure about its effects. It is very dependent on functionality of the building and distribution of the wall. For example for a gymnasium may be you dont have much wall loading on great part of the building. The main question is " what is the intensity of a virtual surface loading to be enough to use instead of variable wall loading?". A practical way is to consult your local standard. A sophisticated one is to check the effect on various members.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi