Civil Engineering/Modelling Issue

Question
PLANS
PLANS  
I have a ground plus 22 storey building having an area of 1 acre the building comprises of a podium upto 3rd floor than there are two towers separated upt o 22nd floor.foot print of the building is 254'-0" X 213'-0" i am attaching the image also...my boss told me to model the whole building in a single model and i have modlelled it but one thing that came into my mind is that both towers will behave separtly under seismic or wind load so how can we model them in a single model and a single diaphragm.kindly give me your valuabel comments to solve this problem...

Answer
Dear Asad

You have two building then their loadings are separated. Your model may have good consequences to desing a combined foundation and also to study the soil- structure interaction during an earthquake and even where you want to have specific study on the soil behaviour specially in the area of between 2 buildings. If you dont have these matters I suggest you to follow your design with separated models and keep a combined model for presentation and show off case.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi