Civil Engineering/base shear

dear sir,
can i ask you about the formula to calculate the base shear manually
thank u !!

Dear Batoul

You have to distribute the total lateral loading between structural elements( walls ) according to their stiffness. You can assume the length of the walls with equal thickness as an index of stiffness. In each story you can do it sepeartly. For example if you have 100 tons of lateral loading in basement and 4 wall of equal length and thickness and height then you have 25 tons for each wall.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran