Civil Engineering/cantilever

Dear sir,
If a steel beam is supported by a column at one end and in the span has perpendicular steel beams meeting it at some distances and also at the end. then is this beam cantilever? please why and how?

Dear Sufiyan

If the 2 beams have one column each as a moment resisting connection support then they are cantilevers supported on eachother. But for modelling them you can suppose them a beam simply supported on the one end and moment resisting connected to their column on the other end.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran