Civil Engineering/connection of columns & beams in etabs

good Day :
while modelling in etabs how I can make a proper connection between column and beam.some times architecturally the beam will join not in the centre of the columns.I would like to keep the model as per the architecture.
sir,Can u guide me and whats the solution for this?Regards

ANSWER: Dear Raviarjun

Normally you cant do this in Etabs. But you can shift ( cut and paste) beams and girders out of centroid of the column and  join the end of beam to the center of the column using a rigid element.

QUESTION: Dear sir,
good day:
That means I can assign the end length offset ,define the length of the member and assign rigid zone factor 1.right?

Dear Raviarjun

Simply do as following:

1- make your model normally
2- cut and past the desired beam for example 20 cm off the column center.
3- join the end of beam to the column center via a member with significant area and moment of inertia.
4- Apply the desired constrains to the far end of the stiff member according to type of beam to column connection.
5- enjoy your modified model

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran