Civil Engineering/connection of columns & beams in etabs

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir,
good Day :
while modelling in etabs how I can make a proper connection between column and beam.some times architecturally the beam will join not in the centre of the columns.I would like to keep the model as per the architecture.
sir,Can u guide me and whats the solution for this?Regards

ANSWER: Dear Raviarjun

Normally you cant do this in Etabs. But you can shift ( cut and paste) beams and girders out of centroid of the column and  join the end of beam to the center of the column using a rigid element.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Dear sir,
good day:
That means I can assign the end length offset ,define the length of the member and assign rigid zone factor 1.right?

Answer
Dear Raviarjun

Simply do as following:

1- make your model normally
2- cut and past the desired beam for example 20 cm off the column center.
3- join the end of beam to the column center via a member with significant area and moment of inertia.
4- Apply the desired constrains to the far end of the stiff member according to type of beam to column connection.
5- enjoy your modified model

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi