Civil Engineering/Roof bracing

Question
sir,
I have Modeled cross Roof Bracing as angle sections with specification as Tension members in STAAD in a steel warehouse for the longitudinal stability of the structure , but the wind deflections parallel to ridge have not decreased ! I have tried heavier columns also but stil deflections are the same in 80 mm range.not decresing! what is the solution to decrease the deflections..

Answer
Dear Arsalan

No roof bracing but vertical bracing between few spans installed symatrically preferably 2 in first spans and 2 in last spans or only 2 in middle spans can control the drift. bracings must havd direct connection to the foundations to check the displacements.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi