Civil Engineering/Structural analysis

QUESTION: Good evening sir, my name is Godfrey and i am about starting a thesis at masters level which was inspired by one of your public is titled (Effects of randon cavities on the resistance of concrete columns by Finite Element Method Approach).Sir, i really need your help on greater understanding of the area (Random cavities) and on the development of a plan for work of this magnitude. Sir, please help me for i am really in a difficult situation. Thanks in advance for your kind attention.

ANSWER: Dear Godfrey

Which course have you passed ? Finite element, RC design,....?

QUESTION: Thanks for your immediate response sir. In school i have done and passed both courses (Finite element, RC design) as well as numerical methods.It will be of importance to me sir, if this information could help you help me better. Thanks again sir.

Dear Godfrey

For the first step I suggest to have a littereture survey on the topic of porous media. For the second I suggest you to have study on engineering reliability . I look for a Monte carlo method of creation of cavities inside concrete body which is very simple to do and efficient way of probabilistic study.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran