Civil Engineering/Curing Concrete

Question
Dir Sir , i want to ask if the curing concrete after casting by water throw 7 is related on the strength of  concrete ?
if i take two samples in concrete throw casting , one of them putted in water , the others do not face any curing ,
which is from two samples will be better than other in strength ?
the second point why the results of Core concrete test is less than the strength of concrete after 28 day from casting ?
best regards

Answer
Dear Shadi

The Standard test of 7,11,28 or 42 days of cured samples are references to check the accuracy of design calculation ant no other test can be replaced with. curing and putting in water are for the sake of to get to near complete hydratation. The resulted strength may be regarded as an ideal strength which can be reached in real cases in long time.Then usually the core test is less then the standard test result but it is expected that in long time the core test results tend to the standard one.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi