Civil Engineering/etabs sap 2000 torsion

hello sir,
         my question is as we know for a asymmetrical structure torsion is developed..if im doing dynamic seismic analysis for a l shaped building which is asymmterical...where can i find the base torsion of the the etabs and sap 2000...its giving a list in the tables for base moment-x base moment-y and base moment-z which of the above is the torsion of the structure...
secondly is the torsion only developed due to lateral forces not due to gravity loads?

Dear Nadir

1- No base torsion is reported in sap and etabs, but a base moment Mx, My and Mz is calculated and you should consider Mz az base torsion. I added this by a note I recieved from Shoeib.
2- Torsion may be developped in any mode of loading including gravity loads.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran