Civil Engineering/etabs sap 2000 torsion

Question
hello sir,
         my question is as we know for a asymmetrical structure torsion is developed..if im doing dynamic seismic analysis for a l shaped building which is asymmterical...where can i find the base torsion of the structure...in the etabs and sap 2000...its giving a list in the tables for base moment-x base moment-y and base moment-z which of the above is the torsion of the structure...
secondly is the torsion only developed due to lateral forces not due to gravity loads?

Answer
Dear Nadir

1- No base torsion is reported in sap and etabs, but a base moment Mx, My and Mz is calculated and you should consider Mz az base torsion. I added this by a note I recieved from Shoeib.
2- Torsion may be developped in any mode of loading including gravity loads.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi