Civil Engineering/steel truss on load bearing structure

can we rest steel truss directly on brickwork (constructed after laying slab of g.floor) and if yes what is recommended thickness of brickwork.Brickwork of 4 ft is above slab please clarify

Dear Imran

You should calculate the weight of the truss along with any super loading on it to be tolerated by he brick member. For every 2000 lbs you should provide 15 x 15 in2 of brick material. This is an approximate measure and yo should consult an engineer to be sure about the strength of the brick.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran