Civil Engineering/Structural Engineering

Question
Assalam-o-allaikum sir.
sir i want to ask that is sap whenever i design slab along with beam there is always error that beams are not fulfilled capacity check or not designed error what should i do? actually i want i want slab on isolated beams not monolithically built beams

Answer
Arslan

I suggest you to take a modification factor for stiffness of the slab like 25%. If it doesn't work model the beam first and the apply slabs between beams. Don't forget modification factor of the slab, to ensure that the beam remain effective without the slab.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi