Civil Engineering/Test for the load capacity of the RCC beam

Question
QUESTION: Hello,

I hope you are doing well.

Is there any Non Destructive Test to check whether the RCC beam has gained the required load bearing capacity, Compression capacity and other parameters as per the design.

What characteristics you recommend ?

Warm regards
Sudarshan

ANSWER: Dear Sudarshan

I once loaded with careful control  a girder with constructional materials to check its efficiency. You cant reach to its very capacity but you can check around the margin of safety in this way. You can use schmit hammer too to control the compression strength of the concrete. Both methods are not very exact but give you an idea.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Thank you.

Will a Schmit hammer test gives other details like shear capacity etc ?
how to test for these parameters

warm regards
Sudarshan

Answer
Dear Sudarshan

Schmit hammer just give you an approximate estimate of compressive strength. You can use analytical relationships (ACI for instance) to derive shear capacity. You know that in usual loading tests , shear strength of concrete is not regarded. They give you just the compressive strength.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi