Civil Engineering/ACI to BS Code

Question
I have been working for past one year according ACI Code. Now I have moved to UAE and there I have to work on BS Code. Both the codes are very different from one another. So how should I easily shift myself from ACI to BS. Are there any books or Notes on BS Code (Like PCA Notes for ACI). Please suggest me good sources. Thankyou

Answer
Hi Ghulam,

I am sorry but I do not have such references, but please Google for them.

However, I should add that BS codes are all withdrawn and replaced by Euro codes, and for seismic analysis and design the ACI codes are much better, so you should try and convince your office/clients that ACI be adopted. The local authorities in the UAE do accept ACI, as far as I know.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan