Civil Engineering/location of earthquake?

dear Dr esmailzadeh.
why We'll drawing three circles to find the location of an earthquake? why three circles?
regards .
behzad .

sieismic center identification
sieismic center identi  
Dear Behzad

Each seismological center can estimate a distance from the center for earthquake center. One circle will give you a location on a circle , 2 circles will give you a lenz and 3 circles will give you an almost tiangle . Then you need at least 3 centers to calculate the very location of the earthquake. Please take a look at picture I sent you.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran