Civil Engineering/end release in etabs 2

QUESTION: hello Mr Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

When we have a beam extends through two spans (  the support between them is a column ), and it differs in the section in these two spans ( difference may be in width or depth or both or reinforcement  or in all of them ),
my question is : in etabs ... do we have to release the ends of the beam at the middle support ??  so , what cases in which we release these ends at the middle support  ??
thank you ...

ANSWER: Dear Hassan

If you have a moment release you have to model it. As I understand from your question you have a RC structure. You should not release the moment but you would need to provide reinforcement enough to carry the moment in beams. If you think that I havent understood your question please explain me more through a sketch or drawing you would send me.

QUESTION: hello Mr Babak
thank u for your quick answer , may be you didn't understand me , so i attach an image to explain what i mean .
please tell me which cases i release the ends at middle support and tell me if there are other cases we release at middle support ( that mean we consider the beam not continuous )

Dear Hassan

The response is the same but if I would be in your place I would not transfer any moment to the transversal beam and I would admit that a release would take place in connection of cross beams to  it. But it is not a rule because you should provide a detail to ensure no moment will submitted. No rule but your decision is essential here.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran