Civil Engineering/sap2000

Question
cross section
cross section  
3d view
3d view  
QUESTION: hi, i am optimizing the platform of a weighbridge which is supposed to weigh a truck. itís cross section is somehow that i think it is not in the available cross sections of the software and i have to define it. can i use sap2000 to find itís optimal reinforcement or the ratio of the steelís area to the concreteís area in a section. i would appreciate any help.
best regards

ANSWER: Dear Sirous

I think that the best approach to your problem is plastic analysis and design using energy method. Try it and let me know the result.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Dear Mr. Esmailzadeh Hakimi
thank you for your answer. can SAP2000 be used for this analysis? if so, which toolbar should be used? if not, can you name a software that is capable of doing this analysis?
best regards

Answer
Dear Sirous

Sap2000 , safe and etabs are not optimization softwares but they can be used to help you in this way. You can define your optimization strategy and use casually some softwares to calculate the consequences of your optimization variation. None of these softwares are able to do plastic analysis.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi