Civil Engineering/Winkler Springs

Dear Sir; Wish you are doing fine .. I wan't to model the soil under the raft foundation in ETABS model so that the real interaction between the walls/columns and the foundation will be represented and letting the model specify the connection's type betewen them rather than assuming pin/fixed supports and then transfer these reaction to SAFE12 .... the value of the vertical spring will be the soil sub grade reaction .... what about the horizontal and rotational springs ??  Waiting your valuable guidance ^_^.
Thanks and Regards.

Dear Salim

The horizontal and rotational springs have no influence on your problem result Then you can consider them more than 100 times the vertical springs or even more. after all the vertical deflection governs the moments induced in your foundation and structure.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran