Civil Engineering/ACI vs BS, Column design (Etabs)

Question
I am doing a RCC highrise in Dubai, I model in Etabs.

Initially, I used BS to design, All Passed.

However, When I used ACI to design, many columns fall in Shear.

Why ? is ACI too conversative ?

please share your knowledge, Thank you.

Answer
Dear jimmy wan

I must see your project to judge  about. But as for you general view,  The main difference between ACI and Bs is the matter of seismic loading which is vigorously considered by ACI . For the sake of ductility requirement the shear strength of girders of ductile structures must be so great to allow the member behaving in plastic moment mode, ultimately. This code is not related to actual seismic loading but the ecpected mode of failure which is not loading oriented. In BS we dont have such a vision over lateral loadings. I hope it would be clear and helping.

Regards
BEH  

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi