Civil Engineering/beam rods

Question
rebar
rebar  
Hi Dear BEH,

Just wanted to know, at the column beam joint, if the bottom rebars of the beam are not fully extended till the other side of the column rebars, is there any impact on the load bearing strength of the roof beam ? Say if the bottom beam rods are extended only till the middle of the column. Please see the attached image and suggest.

warm regards,
Sudarshan

Answer
Dear Sudarshan

Sure it is necessary that you follow all standard recommendation. For this case if you don't have seismic problem you can deviate from standards. The judgement depend on the detail and situation of your system. You shall have your analysis and judgement.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi