Civil Engineering/column beam joints

Question
picture
picture  
QUESTION: hi BEH,

I am attaching some pictures of column beam joint before pouring the concrete. Can you give me your kind suggestions on the beam rebar placements on the column. It is a 6 inches column and 6 inches beam.

warm regards
Sudarshan

ANSWER: Dear Sudarshan

For no seismic loading I can suppose this case passed. But the last person who must accept is the engineer who is responsible.

Regards
Beh

QUESTION: Dear BEH,

What should be considered to take care of Sesmic loading.  So that I will ask my engineer to modify the framework before pouring the concrete.

Thanks again for all your suggestions. They are really helpful.

warm regards
Sudarshan

Answer
Dear Sudarshan

you have to be sure to have a good connection between column and girder which is realized using standard rebar and reinforcement. As yo may know the extension of your column reinforcement into the girder is not enough. I suggest you to apply ties like stirrup for column bars inside the connection zone . I suggest you to use a bar section of 20 or 22 of size for each column bar and make a 360 degree hook to tie the column bar into the concrete. No need to have a rigid connection but just a chain to fix the bars to the concrete and thus the girders to the column.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi