Civil Engineering/Pictures of beam hair line cracks

Question
drawing
drawing  
beam
beam  
QUESTION: Hello Dear BEH,

As you requested I have attached the pictures of the roof slab beam on which few hair line cracks have appeared and I have also attached the roof slab drawing which indicates the position of the beam. I have marked in this drawing where these cracks have appeared in oval shape.

You mentioned that it could be in the places where stirrups are placed due to the creep of fresh concrete. Please take a look at the pictures. Cracks are in between the two white marks.

let me know your suggestion what could be the possible reason for this.

warm regards
Sudarshan

ANSWER: Dear Sudarshan

Why you have doubt ? Why don't you remove the concrete cover to see what you have under? I think the reason is the same as I said before.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Hello BEH,

What would be the first symptom if the simply supported beams are overloaded or stressed ?

Just curious

warm regards
Sudarshan

Answer
Dear Sudarshan

The modes are flexural  failutre at middle of beam or corners as for support moments and shear failure at corners. Shear failure shows inclinded serious cracks on the web intersecting with lower part of the beam at corners or any part with loose stirrups. Flexural failure shows crushing on compression part or cracks on tension part.

Regards
Beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi