Civil Engineering/roof extention

Question
extension
extension  
QUESTION: Hi Dear BEH,

Please take a look at the roof slab drawing attached.

I need your suggestion. On the Beam 9 and Beam 10 roof extension is made and on which brick wall will be built till the roof.

My question: are these inverted beams B9 and B10 are sufficient to support 6 inches brick wall or should we need to extend the beams B8 and B5 as shown in the orange ?

My supervisor is suggesting there is no need to extend the beams.

What is your suggestion. Can the brick wall be build just on the inverted beams B9 and B10 without extending the B8 and B5

warm regards
Sudarshan

ANSWER: Dear Sudarshan

It is sheer unprofessional for me as an expert to govern such a project without being in touch. The peril is that I can be sure about my suggestions. Please help me to keep my moral about you and my profession .

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Hello BEH,

I understand and my apologies for that.

Thanks again for all the suggestions for my earlier questions.

warm regards
Sudarshan

ANSWER: Dear Sudarshan

After all I am here to help you, but just to help. I am scary of a job being done based on my suggestions without any responsibility from a local professional. Then Please do your design and ask me in the case of any doubt but please take your own responsibility to decide yourself or any local engineer.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Hi Dear BEH,

Since I am getting the house constructed for the first time for our leaving, I am a lay-man in this area. Yes, I am taking the help of local structural engineer for designing and construction. I get too concerned some times when the execution gets little deviated from the design and that is when I am just taking your help to double check and to be more confident. Based on my General knowledge some times I ask questions which may be too silly from the expert point of view. Please excuse me for that.

hope you understand.

warm regards
Sudarshan

Answer
Dear Sudarshan

you are right about the danger you guess being there. Even the extension of b5 might be insufficient because we need at least  2 supports for the b9 and b10 beams. Be careful!! I look forward to hear what decision you made.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi