Civil Engineering/safe

cross section
cross section  
QUESTION: Hi, I am trying to find steel to concrete ratio of a slab with a cross section like the one shown in the picture. i am using SAFE but i can not define such a cross section. how can i define this cross section?
I would appreciate any help.
Best regards

ANSWER: Dear Sirous

Have you modelled and analysed your slab?

the problem is that i can not model the slab, because i can not define it's cross section in the software. when i use:
define - slab properties
there is no option to define a cross section like the one shown in the picture. the available types are:
slab, drop, stiff, mat, footing
that their input can only be the thickness
waffle, ribbed
that are not suitable for my slab

ANSWER: Dear sirous

Are you friendly with ansys? I suggest you to try it instead of safe.

QUESTION: Dear Mr. Esmailzadeh Hakimi
the last time i was using sap2000 and your suggestion was using safe! but thanks anyway for your time and suggestions.
I wish you great success
best regards

Dear Sirous

Sorry about my change in my idea to help you. Safe can be followed by you if you can make a good model to model the inclined section.  Since I thought that it would be a bit difficult for you to do , I suggested the ansys. But with safe you have to make significant sections to model the slab. If you have problem with it please contact me by mobile.\

mobile : 09123877465

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran