Civil Engineering/civil engineering

QUESTION: why after passage of time asphalt(hot mix) thickness reduce and what factor involved

ANSWER: Dear nadeem

This is a problem of compaction. The process of compaction never stop under the weight of vehicles and so on.

QUESTION: how can one satisfied the inspection team that we laid the asphalt carpet thickness 38mm and now it will be 35 mm, plz tell me answer with reasoning

Dear Nadeem

You would base your arguments on engineering tolerances. You have a 8% of minus tolerance which have to be assessed according to the codes of practice and the contract. If it is not accepted you must force on  technical justification of allowance of 35 instead of 38 which will influence the payments. But it will justify not to rebuild the asphalt layer.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran