Civil Engineering/civil engineering

Question
QUESTION: why after passage of time asphalt(hot mix) thickness reduce and what factor involved

ANSWER: Dear nadeem

This is a problem of compaction. The process of compaction never stop under the weight of vehicles and so on.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: how can one satisfied the inspection team that we laid the asphalt carpet thickness 38mm and now it will be 35 mm, plz tell me answer with reasoning

Answer
Dear Nadeem

You would base your arguments on engineering tolerances. You have a 8% of minus tolerance which have to be assessed according to the codes of practice and the contract. If it is not accepted you must force on  technical justification of allowance of 35 instead of 38 which will influence the payments. But it will justify not to rebuild the asphalt layer.

Regards
Beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi