Civil Engineering/Foundation Design Q

Question
Reaction Foundation details
Reaction Foundation de  
Hello,

i am working on designing the foundation of a HydroTreating Reactor. I need to find the height of the equipment.

given:

Foundation shape: Octagonal
Footing thickness: 825 mm
Pedestal height: 2200 mm
Dia of equipment: 5280 mm
Length of foundation: 7150 mm

I am not sure if this is enough information, but i was asked to either find the height from this info or make an assumption using this info.

please help!

Answer
Dear Nadia

You should have the loadings on the foundation, well defined and categorized. some loads are permanent like load due to foundation and equipment weight. If you have a vibratory equipment you should identify the intensity and characteristics of oscillatory loads and so on.

Regards
Beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi