Civil Engineering/Long Term Deflection in SAFE 12

Question
I have seen the video on CSI website of how to calculate the long term deflection in SAFE 12. But I want to know that what is the value of creep coefficient that we should take for different strengths of concrete.
Also if we just model a beam in SAFE and apply load and we want to check long term deflection. Will SAFE 12 calculate for creep and shrinkage for beams as well??

Answer
Hi Mustafa,

Long term creep depends on many factors, such as concrete materials (type of aggregate, mix, etc) rebar percentage, age of concrete at loading, environmental conditions, etc. There are papers on the subject that you can download from the internet. such as:

http://skemman.is/stream/get/1946/14016/33144/1/MSc2013_JGG.pdf

As for the latest SAFE, I believe it does do nonlinear analysis for long term creep using moment-curvature, for beams and slabs.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan