Civil Engineering/Please check my building structure

Question
Dear Sir ,
I am from a remote part of India . Here finding any qualified engineer is just a dream . We all depend on very few ITI skilled persons for building structural design .
I am going to build a G+2 building on ordinary paddy field ( a pond 50' nearby ) .
Foundation - 12 mm @5 " c/c ( 5' x5 ' ) below 5' from the topsoil . 6" ppc layer bottom and then 9" base + 1.25 ' sloping using M20 concrete
Columns - 16 mm 4 pcs + 12 mm 2pcs ( 10" x 10" ) ; maximum distance between the columns -13.5 '
Pilanth beam - 3 pcs 16mm at the bottom and 2 pcs 16mm at the upper part ( 10" x 14 ") with 16mm top both sides .
Now sir please inform me what size of beam and tmt bars should I use in the roof and the concealed beams ?
Beside I used Lafarge Duraguard cement at the foundation work that can gain 50mpa after 28 days . Is it suitable for my building ?
Also crank in the beams are like ---_______--- ( cutting a tmt bar )  shape or the crank like
----________/----- ( bending a single tmt bar ) - which one is better or stronger ?
It would be a great help if you kindly inform me .
Regards
Raju .

Answer
Hi Raju,

I regret that I cannot do actual designs or checks over this forum due to liability reasons. However, depending on spans and loading the sort of rebar you have indicated should be OK. Make sure your beam depths are at least span/15 to span/18, and about 175-200mm wide. The columns should be minimum 200x200mm in section with minimum 1% rebar tied into the roof beams properly, if you are in a seismic zone. The columns should have 8 or 10mm links at around 150mm spacing, or down to 100mm spacing if in a high seismic zone.

The foundations depend on load and soil criteria, but they can be done in M25 concrete, so you do not need 50 Mpa at 28 days. The beams rebar can be straight, but do include links at maximum spacing of 1/2 depth of beam.

These are all simple guidelines for you.

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan