Civil Engineering/Railway signals control system.

Dear Babak

In cases where specific railway signals are not working on the railway tracks, is it possible for the motorman or train driver getting automatic alarms inside the train ?.

Can a electronic panel and a signal control system be designed within the train cabin to the motorman indicating railway signals strategic locations and signal status (red,green,orange) displayed as a map at a distance say 1 or 1/2 km before the train approaches a railway signal ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant

It is not my field but as I have observed in some countries there are systems in traffic network to warn about closeness to specific point. For example it is very usual that when train is getting close to a station the station name is automatically shown on the digital board in the train.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran