Civil Engineering/Railway signals control system.

Question
Dear Babak

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_signal

In cases where specific railway signals are not working on the railway tracks, is it possible for the motorman or train driver getting automatic alarms inside the train ?.

Can a electronic panel and a signal control system be designed within the train cabin to the motorman indicating railway signals strategic locations and signal status (red,green,orange) displayed as a map at a distance say 1 or 1/2 km before the train approaches a railway signal ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Dear Prashant

It is not my field but as I have observed in some countries there are systems in traffic network to warn about closeness to specific point. For example it is very usual that when train is getting close to a station the station name is automatically shown on the digital board in the train.

Regards
Beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi