Civil Engineering/Vierendeel Truss

I have a question about how to determine the bending moment and shear force in a Vierendeel truss. I found that this question was already asked and answered by your colleague:

I would ask him but he is in vacation. But can you please post a worked example or a much detailed explanation.
Thank you.

Dear avec

I don't have specific experience on this and I cant give you valuable information than you may know. The main problem in design of vierendeel truss is to calculate the secondary moment due to shear action on middle of upper and lower cord. When you use a finite element software you don't need to have extra consideration.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran