Civil Engineering/Vierendeel Truss

Question
Hy!
I have a question about how to determine the bending moment and shear force in a Vierendeel truss. I found that this question was already asked and answered by your colleague:

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Civil-Engineering-1357/Vierendeel-Truss.html

I would ask him but he is in vacation. But can you please post a worked example or a much detailed explanation.
Thank you.

Answer
Dear avec

I don't have specific experience on this and I cant give you valuable information than you may know. The main problem in design of vierendeel truss is to calculate the secondary moment due to shear action on middle of upper and lower cord. When you use a finite element software you don't need to have extra consideration.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi