Civil Engineering/Design of structures

Question
How to design a beam having the same thickness or depth of slab

Answer
Dear Kalutarage

You should consider a section with a width equal to column width + 8 times of slab thickness in each side or 0.25 times beam span ( the minimum quantity) . Then for a column of 40 x 40 and a slab of 30 cm of thickness and 6 meter long  you can design a section of about ( 40 + 8 x 30 + 8 x 30 ) = 520 cm or 600* 0.25 = 150cm. Then thge beam width is equal to 150 cm. for sides beams you should use 6 times of slab thickness and 1/12 of beam length.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi