Civil Engineering/drift limit,base shear - in etabs

Question
Dear Sir,
Good Day:I would like to get advice on the following questions.
1What is the drift limit that can be possible in seismic and wind analysis?
2.How can I  get know whether the base shear get in etabs right or not any short cut?
3.How I can design a retaining wall (concrete wall )in the buidling with basements .what are the forces need to be considered?
Thanks so much for your valuable advice

Answer
Dear Raviarjun

You shall ask specific topics. Your questions cant be responded in a single paragraph so that you can use it and I can be sure of a perfect reply.

1- for drift limits I suggest a 0.005h approximateley
2- You can use the base shear in the results after the analysis being made ?
3- I dont have a clear idea about how to use etabs in design of retaining walls. I guess I can find a short cut using etabs and safe but for the moment I suggest to do it separatly using the results of etabs analysis.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi