Civil Engineering/ETABS

Dear Sir,
hello! how r u? i hope u r well. my questions are:
1. what does it mean b/c capacity ratio exceeds limit and joint shear failure?
2. why and when these failure occur?
3. and what i have to do to overcome these?

i will be verily thankful to u if u answer my questions.....

Dear Morshed

In the case of earthquake action if the beam to column capacity is greater than 1 there will occur a column collapse istead of beam failure in the case of earthquake hitting the structure. Then you must design the structure with columns stronger than beams to prevent this type of failure.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran