Civil Engineering/Dynamic Analysis of structures

Question
Our structural designer keeps on saying that even for a small change in the plans, the whole design of structure changes and that he has to re-run the programme for design. Is it true? and if such is the case, then what good is dynamic analysis about?

Answer
Dear Sushil

Not every change will lead to redesign but I cant judge about this because I dont know the real situation. Dynamic analysis is used to analysis of non ordinary structures . For normal buildings like the residential ones there is usually no need to perform it. After all I dont believe that necesserily a dynamic analysis is more reliable analysis than a static analysis due to diversity of parameters needing to care about in dynamic analysis.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi