Civil Engineering/Non linear link in sap2000?

behzad wrote at 2015-10-14 12:42:10
Dear Dr Esmailzadeh

according to your suggestion;i found many paper about hysteresis loop in internet,overall:

"Several types of hysteresis models are available.For reinforced concrete members, the Pivot hysteresis and Takeda hysteresis models are available.the Pivot hysteresis model (Dowell et al., 1998) was used instead of the Takeda hysteresis model because SAP 2000 implements Takeda with a fixed value for the unloading

stiffness. The Pivot hysteresis model typically requires input values of three parameters:

αpivot, βpivot, and η. For more information regarding these parameters, see Dowell et al.,1998. The range of values to represent behavior of reinforced concrete members may include 1 to 10 for αpivot, 0.25 to 0.75 for βpivot, and 0 to 10 for η"

what are your idea about this text and previously questions?

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran