Civil Engineering/reinforced concrete structures

I am studying final year civil engineering..i am having campus interview..i want to know the answers for basic questions
    1.what is the purpose of providing shear reinforcement
    2.what is the two legged  ad four legged stirrups
    3.what is the  purpose of cranking
    4.why curtailment is provided

Dear Ragavi

1 and 2- Shear reinforcement is used for stirrups which are installed in vertical or oblique position in RC giders to prevent the tensile cracks due to shear being developped in the member. Stirrups can have some shape like 1 leg, 2 legs, hoops and the can be combined together to provide the desired shear resistance in the section.

3 and 4 - I dont know them.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran