Civil Engineering/SAFE Raft analysis

Question
Dear Sir,
Good Day
While doing design of raft slab in safe ,Normally the subgrade modulus is assigning to all the slab area.Do I need to add point spring properties and line spring properties to the bottom of columns/shear walls
if its needed ,how I will get the values of spring stiffness (ie translation in x,y and z )to enter in the point spring property data..
appreciate for your valuable advice
Thanks & Regards

Answer
Hi Ravi,

In SAFE you have two options:

1. Manually mesh the raft, ensuring all point and line loads are connected at nodes, then manually apply spring stiffnesses at nodes depending on element sizes.(This is similar to doing it in STAAD.Pro)

2. Just adopt the soil properties for whole raft as offered in the menu and the program does the rest.

Obviously the second option is much easier!

Civil Engineering

Arshad Khan