Civil Engineering/ETABS columns analysis

Question
Columns analysis concern
Columns analysis conce  
Hi Mr. Esmailzadeh Hakimi,

I am modeling a 8 stories building in ETABS and I'm having some concerns about the columns design/analysis.

When I run the design and then right click on a column to see the design report, it says in the flexural details that my combo 1,4D (Dead load) makes a 148 kN.m design moment and about 2600 kN axial force. When I click on the interaction button, ETABS shows that the combo location point is exterior to the interaction curve and indeed does not pass the design.

However, when I click on "Display Frame/Pier/Spandrel/Link forces" and put M3 for the combo 1,4D, it shows 0 kN*m as moment for the same column at the same story than the one I looked at the design.

Please see attached image.

Do you now what causes this?

Thank you,

Answer
Dear Feredrick

I encounter similar problems in etabs and sap which is supposed to be related to bugs. I suggest to  remove the loadings , save , exit and and re enter to etabs and redefine the loadings. I ususally get to my response , doing so.

Regrads
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi