Civil Engineering/fireplace and chimney against a load bearing column

Question
QUESTION: Helloi am planning to build a new house . i have a question regarding a fireplace i want to have in my living room. i would like to know if it is possible to have the fireplace and chimney put up against a load bearing column, or willl the fire cause the load bearing column to weaken

ANSWER: Dear shanawaz

For materials other than wood and a control to limit the temperature up to 80 degree of celcius there is no problem to place your fire place in vicinity of structural columns.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Hi

thanks for your reply.  the material to burn is wood itself, would that cause a problem to the column, even if i use bricks between the fire and the concrete column
. thanks

Answer
Dear Shanawaz

You shall get sure that the column will not get wram more than 70 degree selcius. What you should do is performing an appropritae covering around the column which may be brick type and other non combustible material with enough thickness.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi