Civil Engineering/rectangular hollow tube

Question
Dear sir,
i am designing a underground  21m long vertical rectangular hollow tube( 1.2x 1.3m internal size)(RCC). I could not find any formulas for the calculation of  circumferential stress caused by soil pressure in rectangular section. I find only formulas of hoop stress for cylinders(circular section).
Sir, can you please help me out

Thanking you!

Answer
Dear Niranjan

You may use the Rankine , Coulomb or other theories for confining pressure . It is very practical to find the necessary information in the net. This is a matter of engineering decision which is your own respnsibility.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi