Civil Engineering/rectangular hollow tube

Dear sir,
i am designing a underground  21m long vertical rectangular hollow tube( 1.2x 1.3m internal size)(RCC). I could not find any formulas for the calculation of  circumferential stress caused by soil pressure in rectangular section. I find only formulas of hoop stress for cylinders(circular section).
Sir, can you please help me out

Thanking you!

Dear Niranjan

You may use the Rankine , Coulomb or other theories for confining pressure . It is very practical to find the necessary information in the net. This is a matter of engineering decision which is your own respnsibility.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran