Civil Engineering/sustain live load

bs 5950
bs 5950  
Hello Mr.Hakimi

I check slab deflection for a factory as composite construction .

what is the portion (of live load) which is considered as long term ?

BS 5950:3 talked about ( floor , roof , storage , ....) but it didn't talk about factories ( as attached picture )

Dear Hassan

You should consider 3 categuories of loading:

1- live load due to service and furnitures.
2- dead load due to materials and so on
3- dead/live load due to equipment: If your equpment will not change during the service this may be considered as dead load . If they may change during the life of the factory you should consider them as live loads.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran