Civil Engineering/Determining Center of rigidity

Sir! Can we determine the co-ordinate of Center of rigidity for Each Diaphragm in ETABS as we determine Center of Mass??
If yes, how to determine it, please help me find CR

Dear Bhupesh

You can find the center of rigidity , using a try and arror procedure as follow:

1- Estimate the center ordinates in each direction.

2- Apply a load in desired direction.

3- If the displacement of the corners of the structure in each story is equal the point you estimated is ok. If not you should change the location of pressumed center of rigidity.

4- Try again

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran