Civil Engineering/load assignment

Question
QUESTION: hello sir...what are the different types of loads that we should assign on columns in etabs

ANSWER: Dear Saicharan

There are no obligation to assign a loading to columns but you must apply loading on columns where ever needed. Usually loadings are applied on beams which in turn transfer them to columns. The columns are loaded directly where a wall effect is present for example sides columns of a wind wall or sides columns of a retaining wall in the basement of a building.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: Hello sir...A per your answer i came to know that there is no need of assigning any type of loads (live load,dead load ,seismic load)...am i correct..?

Answer
Dear Saicharan

You cant transfer your own responsibilty to judge to others by a simple question with a response of yes or no. You must be aware of the loading system and the mechanism of tranferring loading from members to collector members and to the foundation.

Regards
Beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi