Civil Engineering/Reinforcements layout in slab of unusual shape

Question
Assalam-o-Alaikum sir,
in finite element analysis and design of slab in csi safe software,csi safe calculate reinforcements for every element i-e for each mesh element.after obtaining reinforcements for each element hoe i will distribute these reinforcements in slab,if the fllor plan is of complex shape.can i get some help from the moment contours for reinforcements layout for this slab.

Answer
Dear Saleem

The moment contours give you a scheme of moment in 2  selected directions say X and Y but dont give you a direct information about which directions including X and Y will be the best directions to reinforce the slab. But you can use the moment of MX and MY to find a direction say with teta angle with respect to X or Y in which the moments are maximum and minimum. Your desired direction is this i.e a direction along which the moments are minimum and maximum. You can use the mohr circle concept to find this direction.

Regards
Beh

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi