Civil Engineering/Reinforcements layout in slab of unusual shape

Assalam-o-Alaikum sir,
in finite element analysis and design of slab in csi safe software,csi safe calculate reinforcements for every element i-e for each mesh element.after obtaining reinforcements for each element hoe i will distribute these reinforcements in slab,if the fllor plan is of complex shape.can i get some help from the moment contours for reinforcements layout for this slab.

Dear Saleem

The moment contours give you a scheme of moment in 2  selected directions say X and Y but dont give you a direct information about which directions including X and Y will be the best directions to reinforce the slab. But you can use the moment of MX and MY to find a direction say with teta angle with respect to X or Y in which the moments are maximum and minimum. Your desired direction is this i.e a direction along which the moments are minimum and maximum. You can use the mohr circle concept to find this direction.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran