Civil Engineering/Frame Structure

Sir I am doing RCC frame Structure analysis in ETABS 2013,
My columns are comings out with 6 to 7% Steel. I have Column Size limitation,
I have brick masonary wall between columns in architectural drawings, by defining brick masonary in etabs and inserting it between the columns in etabs, I came out with resulting 1% steel in columns.

Is this the right solution while having column size limitations?
Kindly Suggest me some other options plzzz

Engr. Abbas

Dear Abbas

I dont suggest to get help of massonary unless you can be sure of working them together an beig sure of noone in the future doesnt remove the massonary due to actual architectural needs. I suggest you to apply a  steel jacketing or accept the high reiforcement of structural member. I can even suggest you to use concrete with higher strength. It will help you to use less reinforcement.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran