Civil Engineering/Frame Structure

Question
Sir I am doing RCC frame Structure analysis in ETABS 2013,
My columns are comings out with 6 to 7% Steel. I have Column Size limitation,
I have brick masonary wall between columns in architectural drawings, by defining brick masonary in etabs and inserting it between the columns in etabs, I came out with resulting 1% steel in columns.

Is this the right solution while having column size limitations?
Kindly Suggest me some other options plzzz

Thanks:
Engr. Abbas

Answer
Dear Abbas

I dont suggest to get help of massonary unless you can be sure of working them together an beig sure of noone in the future doesnt remove the massonary due to actual architectural needs. I suggest you to apply a  steel jacketing or accept the high reiforcement of structural member. I can even suggest you to use concrete with higher strength. It will help you to use less reinforcement.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi