Civil Engineering/scale factor -etabs

Dear Sir,
Good Day :
1.could you please give me the procedure to apply the Response spectrum scale factors in etabs as I am being confused about that while doing the design.
2.If the total shear for spectrum in x direction is greater than 85 percentage of the shear due to static shear do I need to consider the scale factor?
Appreciate for your valuable answer

Thanks & Regards,

Dear Raviarjun

There is no need that the results of spectral method being greater the the results of static method ( or 0.85 times static results in the case of regulary buildings) then you must use a scale factor for the specific design spectra to fulfill this.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran