Civil Engineering/Hello sir

Question
Im designing a concrete diagrid (diagonal frame) building and I used ETABS to model thet building. In the analysis option I selected the "consider P delta" option. So can I design the diagonal(inclined) columns just like the conventional frame building(vertical) column? Is there any additional moments ? If so why? Or what shall I consider while designing these diagonal elements of the building? Thank you so much

Answer
Dear Noah

Consider that you analyse your structure using dead and live loading. Then there is nothing to fear. You have to use the internal forces to design the members. You can consider the p delta effect as well when ever you need.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi