Civil Engineering/Hello sir

Im designing a concrete diagrid (diagonal frame) building and I used ETABS to model thet building. In the analysis option I selected the "consider P delta" option. So can I design the diagonal(inclined) columns just like the conventional frame building(vertical) column? Is there any additional moments ? If so why? Or what shall I consider while designing these diagonal elements of the building? Thank you so much

Dear Noah

Consider that you analyse your structure using dead and live loading. Then there is nothing to fear. You have to use the internal forces to design the members. You can consider the p delta effect as well when ever you need.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran