Civil Engineering/Tiling

Dear Sir

In some instances tiled floors get pop up withperiod of time. Can you explain the reason/s

Dear Priyantha

I would be due to lack of proper sub base or lack of due care about water saturation of tiles when installing them. To prevent this situation you would pour light mortar ( in totally liquid state on the finished level and after that wood powder on it to remove and clean. In some cases the presence of quick lime (CAO) in the mortar may cause tile uplifting because of humidity absorbsion.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran