Civil Engineering/etabs

plan of the failed beam
plan of the failed bea  
QUESTION: good day sir, may i please ask why is it that the beams for my roof keep on failing even if i try to use very large beam sizes,, i have taken a picture of the loaf from the beam and the failure can u please give an advise as to how i can correct this please, than you very much

ANSWER: Dear Jan

Please check the stress ratio a let me know.

QUESTION: steel ratio from etabs sir? how can i see that sir?

another question sir can you explain the please what is mass source and what should i enter when choosing because when i do research most of the references would say 1 multiplier for Dead Load and 0.25 multiplier for live does this mean we are only considering 25 percent for the building weight?

thank you very much sir

Dear Jan

I stated check the stress ratio to see the source of the problem you stated before about the girders which are not ok.

25% is applying on live load and not entire load. The mass will be computed using 100% dead + 25% live for instance.

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi

I can answer questions in Structural Engineering, Earthquake Engineering, Project Management and Project Control topics!

I am experienced in the area of earthquake engineering in electrical power industry, i.e. Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. My focus has been on structural seismic design of power installations. Recently I have got involved in project management in the category of constructional engineering.

Sinam Consulting Engineers Co.

Bs degree in Civil Engineering from Ferdowsi University ,1988, Mashhad Iran, Ms degree in Earthquake Engineering, Sharif University of Technology, 1993, Tehran, Iran