Civil Engineering/etabs

Question
loading
loading  
plan of the failed beam
plan of the failed bea  
QUESTION: good day sir, may i please ask why is it that the beams for my roof keep on failing even if i try to use very large beam sizes,, i have taken a picture of the loaf from the beam and the failure can u please give an advise as to how i can correct this please, than you very much

ANSWER: Dear Jan

Please check the stress ratio a let me know.

Regards
beh

QUESTION: steel ratio from etabs sir? how can i see that sir?

another question sir can you explain the please what is mass source and what should i enter when choosing because when i do research most of the references would say 1 multiplier for Dead Load and 0.25 multiplier for live does this mean we are only considering 25 percent for the building weight?

thank you very much sir

Answer
Dear Jan

I stated check the stress ratio to see the source of the problem you stated before about the girders which are not ok.

25% is applying on live load and not entire load. The mass will be computed using 100% dead + 25% live for instance.

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi