Civil Engineering/pva/pha ratio???

Question
graph
graph  
Dear esmailzadeh
what is the meaning of pva(peak vertical acc.)/pha(peak horizental acc.) In the earthquake eng. And dynamic structure analysis.what is the meaning of graph level story-ratio pva/pha?
I attached a picture for example.
best Regards.
Behzad.

Answer
Dear Behzad

The motion of the base of a building in an earthquake has 6 general components : x, y , z and Rx, Ry, Rz. This is the case with every point on a building , say all the stories of a building. Then You can have a view to the ratio of maximum horizontal acceleration ( x or y or maximum of x and y) and vertical acceleration .

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi