Civil Engineering/soil check

Question
QUESTION: Hi Dear BEH,

Thank you for all your previous answers.

I had a question on how to decide that soil is weak / loose by doing some general test / observation.

When we excavated the ground, in one place soil was little wet because of the seepage of the water from the outside sewage drain. ( Now that seepage has been fixed ). Overall the soil is very sticky in nature all over the place and we found rocks in many places even at 3 feet depth.

This is a two storied building. we have done 6 feet deep excavation in place where I mentioned it was wet and provided 4 inch think P:C:C below the steel footing. Is this OK for this soil condition. I was just wondering should we have done the soling below the P:C:C for this area. What is your opinion.

warm regards
Sudarshan

ANSWER: Dear Sudarshan

Waht you mean by 4 inch think p:c:c? please make it clear to me.

Regards
BEH

QUESTION: PCC means Plain Concrete Cement. 40 mm size stone boulders used for this purpose along with cement and sand

hope this helps

warm regards
Sudarshan

Answer
Dear Sudarshan

I dont know anything about the strength of the soil. This is your concern . But using Gravel and stone to prevent moisture to penetrate in building is ok. I suppose you will have longtime setlement because you have clayey soil there. I suggest you to provide a drainage around your building and dont finalize the   finishing of the building too soon . I suggest a period of at least 12 months .

Regards
BEH

Civil Engineering

Babak Esmailzadeh Hakimi